- Post Convention Summary
- Draft Schedule
- Infographic – How resolutions pass through General Convention
The 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
July 8 – 11, 2022. Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland
The General Convention is the governing body of The Episcopal Church. Every three years it meets as a bicameral legislature that includes the House of Deputies and the House of Bishops, composed of deputies and bishops from each diocese. The General Convention also includes interim bodies which meet between the triennial sessions to accomplish ongoing work and tasks set in the triennial sessions.
Originally scheduled for July of 2021, the 80th General Convention was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Post Convention Summary
The text of all resolutions and their final status are in the General Convention Office’s Virtual Binder at vbinder.net.
Episcopal News Service
- After LGBTQ+ resolutions smoothly moved through #GC80, Anglicanism’s human sexuality debate returns ahead of Lambeth Conference[Episcopal News Service] The 80th General Convention passed 14 resolutions, with little or no debate, speaking to the full inclusion and protection of LGBTQ+ persons in the life of The […]
- [Episcopal News Service] The 80th General Convention left some unfinished business when it adjourned last week. That was partly by design. Part of the presiding officers’ plan to streamline this […]
- [Episcopal News Service] A week after the close of the 80th General Convention, it’s now safe to say the gathering of more than a thousand Episcopalians in Baltimore, Maryland, was […]
- Editor’s note: This story was updated July 12 to add more complete information on COVID-19 infections. [Episcopal News Service – Baltimore, Maryland] The 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church […]
- [Episcopal News Service — Baltimore, Maryland] Leaders from across the Anglican Communion sent video greetings to the 80th General Convention, meeting July 8-11 in Baltimore, Maryland. Messages were sent by […]
House of Deputies
- Problems with internet access and voting devices slowed activity and tested patience in the House of Deputies throughout the 80th General Convention in Baltimore. Geoffrey T. Smith, the church’s chief operating officer, sent an email to the church’s executive leadership team Wednesday saying that a full report on the problems was underway. In the email,…Read […]
- The article A Conversation with the President and Vice President of the House of Deputies appeared first on House of Deputies News.
- The article A Farewell Interview with Gay Clark Jennings appeared first on House of Deputies News.
- This is a live blog covering the last session of the House of Deputies that took place July 11, 2022. The Chair bangs the gavel three times That’s what it says in the convention script. After the secretary sends good wishes to the Diocese of Venezuela, whose deputies watched online, and thanks the foreign language…Read […]
- This is a live blog covering the evening session of the House of Deputies that took place July 10, 2022. cour·te·sy/ˈkərdəsē/noun the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behavior toward others.”he had been treated with a degree of courtesy not far short of deference” the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behavior toward…Read […]
News from The Diocese of West Missouri
- Four-minute read. The talented deputies and alternates from The Diocese of West Missouri can fill you all in on various pieces of legislation which moved them, or for which they had great interest. What I want to share with you all is something that happened in the House of Bishops. The post Bishop Diane’s reflection […]
- First-time Clergy Deputy Fr. Chas Marks on his time at the 80th General Convention of The Episcopal ChurchFive-minute read. First-time general convention clergy deputy, Fr. Chas Marks who serves as diocesan Transitions Missioner and Rector of St. Augustine’s in Kansas City, shares his personal reflection on the 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church, held in Baltimore July 8 -11. The post First-time Clergy Deputy Fr. Chas Marks on his time at […]
- One-minute read. The 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church is one for the history books, and not just for the decisions made but also for how the COVID-19 pandemic changed the way the church conducted its business. The post 80th General Convention wrap-up: shortened, masked, tested, legislated appeared first on New Spirit.
- Five-minute read. GC80 Daily Updates from the Office of Public Affairs are morning and evening roundups of news, events, and resources related to the 80th General Convention, July 8-11 in Baltimore. The post General Convention Day Three Daily Update from the Public Affairs Office appeared first on New Spirit.
- Five-minute read. A personal reflection on Day Two of the 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church in Baltimore by the Rev. Charles Everson, Vocations Missioner, and Rector at St. Mary's Kansas City. Fr. Charles' is watching the convention on line from Kansas City. The post General Convention Day Two appeared first on New Spirit.
Note all times shown are Eastern.GC2022Schedule-DRAFT-July-01-22
Infographic – How resolutions pass through General Conventionhow-resolution-moves-GC
Watch the General Convention online
Featuring live video from the House of Bishops and House of Deputies, plus daily media briefings, and the #CG80 Daily Show. Coverage is expected to run from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. CDT Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CDT on Monday.
General Convention Website
All the nitty, gritty details and everything and anything you need to know about General Convention.
A full, searchable list of all the resolutions submitted to the 80th Convention of The Episcopal Church. The listing includes background information and the resolutions’ current status.
What to expect at #GC80
Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral Dean Andy Keyse, Lay Deputy Curtis Hamilton, and second alternate Lay Deputy Christine Morrison discuss the General Convention this July in Baltimore (YouTube Video)
Office of Public Affairs
Get the latest press releases, General Convention schedule, resolutions, and much more.
Episcopal News Service
All the latest news from the people on the ground at General Convention. Summaries of the latest stories are featured at the top of this page.
House of Deputies News
Get the latest news specifically from the House of Deputies (including profiles on all the candidates for President).Summaries of the latest stories are featured at the top of this page.