Mark J. Galus, Chancellor and David T. M. Powell, Associate Chancellor
In accordance with the custom of this Convention and Canon V of the Canons of this Diocese, it is my privilege to report on the following matters that were handled by and through the Chancellor’s Office since the 2021 Convention:
- Provided regular advice and counsel to the Bishop Provisional on various Diocesan matters.
- Attended Diocesan Council and Diocesan Council Executive Committee meetings and provided advice and counsel from time-to-time during their deliberations.
- Provided advice and counsel to Diocesan Officers in the course of their duties.
- Provided advice and counsel to Diocesan Staff in the course of their duties.
- Provided advice and counsel to the Diocese regarding interpretation and application of National and Diocesan Constitution & Canons.
- Provided advice and counsel to the Diocese regarding potential interests in litigation matters, including the Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy case and a Michigan state court condemnation lawsuit.
- Provided advice and counsel to Rectors, Wardens, Vestries, and Churches on various matters, including personnel matters, corporate organization and governance, bylaws revisions, property disputes, and the purchase and sale of property.
- Convened the Constitution & Canons Committee to consider wholesale revision of the Diocesan Constitution & Canons in 2023.
- Participated in national Chancellor’s Conference events to stay updated and informed on best practices for the Chancellor’s Office.
To print a copy of the above report, please use your browser’s print facility.