West Missouri’s Communications Director oversees the communications functions of the diocese which include the news and events website – New Spirit, the church administration site, the main diocesan website, and diocesan social media channels.
The Communications Director is available to provide direct support to congregations and their staff members or volunteers in charge of communications. The offerings include annual presentations, presentations at the convention Gathering, and resources distributed via a Facebook Group. Help is available to advise churches on building and maintaining their websites.
Important – if you are responsible or involved in any communications or church administration activity at your church please join the Facebook Group.
Church Connect is the ‘re-branding’ and morphing of the existing WEMO Communicators group into a combined Communicators and administrators group in recognition of the cross-over between the two activities.
Below are a set of links to content developed within the diocese. We’ve also included useful links to various external communications resources from The Episcopal Church and affiliated organizations.
- Diocesan Word Document Template (Currently unavailable)
- Three-minute read. How to publicize an event online can be puzzling. Here are some simple steps that will get you started and help your event succeed. The post Six steps to promoting your church event online appeared first on New Spirit.
- Two-minute read. The diocesan staff have switched to a new digital telephone exchange and system. This has allowed us to provide both staff based in the Diocesan Center, and remote staff with direct numbers which will automatically connect to them wherever they are working. The post New direct telephone numbers for diocesan staff appeared first […]
- One-minute read. Once again we are seeing an increase in phishing attempts, this time the criminals are pretending to be Bishop Bruce. Please note that none of the diocesan staff will contact you asking for funds or gift cards. Please be vigilant for emails and texts purporting to come from the bishop or any other […]
- Three-minute read. In Hybrid Church – A Way Forward for Church Leaders, the Rev. Tim Schenck explores the changes that the church has adopted during the pandemic and the effects of these changes. These technological innovations are viewed by some as temporary stopgaps (to be given up when all of this is over), by others as […]
- One-minute read. Get pre-recorded sermons for Advent and Christmas from the monks at the Society of Saint John the Evangelist. The post Recorded Advent sermons ideal for smaller churches from the Society of Saint John the Evangelist appeared first on New Spirit.
- 09-06-2021. Page content migrated from diowestmo.org