The Rev. Jose Palma
Hispanic Missioner for the Diocese of West Missouri.
Education and Spiritual Growth
The act of educating and nurturing the faith of our children, youth and adults.
- Conducted adult Bible study at Grace.
- Conducted spiritual retreat at Grace Church, for parishioners from, St. Nicholas Noel, All Saints Bentonville, San Andres Rogers AR, La Iglesia del Espiritu Santo Tulsa OK
Serve as Hispanic Missionary of the Diocese in charge of two congregations in the south of the Diocese and support other Hispanic initiatives in the Diocese
Building Community as we share our joys, our woes, and fellowship with our own parishioners, friends, and neighbors
- In all the activities listed, the Hispanic Missioner is intentional in building community not just among Spanish speaking Episcopalians but also with the English-speaking Episcopalians in other congregations. Activities frequently include the active participation of English-speaking Episcopalians and others in the community—for instance one of the Posadas was hosted by a prominent Methodist family in their home.
- Fellowship at coffee hours after weekly services at St. Nicholas and Grace
- Band and choir entertain residents at St. Luke’s Nursing Home in Carthage for special events
- Celebrated Las Posadas involving services and food in different homes and the church in both Carthage and Noel.
- Guadalupe festival in December hosted Spanish and English speakers.
- Kermess in Noel, a variant of street fair, raised the profile of the congregation in this small, almost entirely immigrant, town.
- Quinceaneras (large 15th birthday festivities) in Noel, Carthage and Kansas City.
Extend the Gospel to the entire Hispanic Community. Visits to hospitals in the area, including in NW Arkansas. Counseling with families troubled by recent changes in immigration and the ongoing debate in the nation over race. Help with parishioner going through naturalization process as a citizen.
Adoration, Evangelism, Leadership, Stewardship, Pastoral Service, Bible Studies and Parish Community.
Ministry to the Wider Church and World
Education and Spiritual Growth
Looking beyond our walls to the needs of the greater world as we strive to live out our mission to serve others in Christ’s name.
- Support and contribute to the mission of the church for ERD, MDG, apportionment, specified missions (local and world-wide).
Care of Resources
Maintaining our beautiful building in which we can gather for worship, celebration, and meetings
- Maintenance and janitorial work in Noel provided entirely by clergy and parishioner volunteers and supported by Bishop’s committee
2023 and Beyond
What activities we plan for this next year and tasks we would like to accomplish in the future
- Conduct 2 Spiritual Retreat for Hispanic Churches in the South of the Diocese, La Iglesia de Todos los Santos and Bentonville, La Iglesia San Andres and Rogers Arkansas and Iglesia del Espiritu Santo and Tulsa Oklahoma.
- Conduct Guadalupe day, Las Posadas, El Dia de Los Tres Reyes, El Dia de St Nicolas, Cinco de Mayo at St. Lukes for Spanish and English speakers.
- Plan of Action of Latino Ministry and Kansas City.
- Conduct a 1-day Workshop for Leadership Training in Spanish.
To print a copy of the above report, please use your browser’s print facility.