Elected to Diocesan Council in 2022. 1st two-year term.
St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church, Kansas City (Northwest-Metro Deanery)
Involvement at a Church level
- Currently Senior Warden.
- Treasurer from 1990 until 2007.
- Vestry member 1998-2003.
- Past President of St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church Women.
- Chair of the Deacon Williams’ Food Pantry.
- Altar Guild and Choir Member (currently).
- Eucharistic Minister and Visitor.
- Lay Chaplain- through the Community of Hope.
- Treasurer 1990 to 2007.
- Coffee Hour Committee.
Involvement at a Deanery Council/Diocesan level:
- Currently-President of Standing Committee (2020-2022).
- Member of the Standing Committee and Vice-Chair (2016-2020).
- Currently Chair of the Diversity and Reconciliation Commission.
- Member of the re-established Peace and Justice Commission.
- Work with the Necessities Project.
Involvement at a Provincial/General Church level:
- Past President of the Province VII Episcopal Church Women 2005-2008.
- Alternate Deputy to General Convention-Minneapolis, Minesota.
- Triennial delegate 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018.
- Chosen as Women of The Year at the 2012. Triennial.
I feel that Racial and Cultural Differences are seen as Assets. A level of welcoming and acceptance is what we should be aiming for in all of our parishes. This means a concerted effort at eradicating the social sin of any racial bias and truly accepting diverse peoples in our congregations.
- 10-19-2022. Updated with latest supplied information
- 11-22-2021. Updated to add role as President.
- 10-29-2020. Updated with latest supplied information for nomination to Standing Committee